The Allstate Corporation at the Bank of America /Merrill Lynch 2017 Insurance Conference (Replay)
02/15/17 at 8:35 a.m. ET
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the United States. We are widely known through the slogan “You’re In Good Hands With Allstate®.” For more than 80 years, we have helped customers realize their hopes and dreams. Our growing network of small businesses features teams of trusted advisors in communities across the country working to change the way consumers think about insurance, provide total household solutions and deliver a best-in-class customer experience. We’re also building the next-generation technologies, products and services to offer solutions tailored to specific households.
Allstate’s stock is an attractive investment opportunity for five reasons:
- Differentiated customer-focused strategy. Allstate is the only insurer to serve all four insurance consumer segments based on their distinct interaction preferences (local advice and assistance versus self-directed) and brand preferences (brand-neutral versus brand-sensitive). The Allstate brand’s growing network of small businesses offers auto, home, life and retirement products and services to customers in the United States and Canada. Esurance is expanding geographically and in its proprietary product lines to serve self-directed, brand-sensitive customers. Independent agencies provide Encompass brand auto, home and umbrella insurance products, mostly in the form of a household orpackage policy. Answer Financial serves self-directed, brand-neutral consumers who want a choice between insurance carriers.
- Attractive auto and underlying homeowners margins. The Property-Liability combined ratio was 94.9 in 2015. The company’s largest brand, Allstate, reported a combined ratio of 93.4 (an underlying combined ratio of 87.4) for 2015. Current quarter results.
- Platform for sustainable growth. Since Hurricane Katrina in 2005, Allstate has made numerous changes to better manage and mitigate the risk of losses from more severe weather, ranging from changes in homeowners insurance underwriting and pricing to additional reinsurance.
- Long-term growth potential in other areas. For example: Allstate Benefits has grown into an industry leader in voluntary benefits – insurance products that employees may choose to purchase through their companies at rates that are lower than they could get on their own. The connected car space is developing rapidly and our company is a leader in telematics technology with Allstate’s Drivewise® and Star Driver® programs, as well as Esurance’s DriveSense® and DriveSafe® programs.
- Track record of strong cash returns to shareholders. Allstate's strong capital position provides the flexibility to offer attractive cash returns to shareholders while taking advantage of growth opportunities. In 2015, Allstate returned $3.3 billion in cash through a combination of share repurchases and dividends. In recent years, Allstate has enhanced its strong balance sheet by taking advantage of record low interest rates to issue perpetual preferred stock and subordinated debt to refinance higher-cost senior debt.
|Data provided by Nasdaq. Minimum 15 minutes delayed.|